Wendy Norton is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Nursing and Midwifery at De Montfort University where she specialises in sexual and reproductive health and women’s health care. She worked as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Assisted Reproduction for 14 years before moving into academia. Her research interests include gender, sexuality, sexual health and HIV, reproduction and experiences of ART use amongst members of LGBT communities.
- Norton W, Hudson N, Culley L, (2013) Gay Men Seeking Surrogacy to Achieve Parenthood. Reproductive BioMedicine Online, 27, 271-279.
- Culley L, Hudson N, Blyth E, Norton W, Pacey A Rapport F, Blyth E, Norton W, Pacey A (2013) ‘What are you going to do, confiscate their passports?’ Professional perspectives on cross-border reproductive travel. Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology, 31 (1), pp. 46-57.
- Culley L, Hudson N, Rapport F, Blyth E, Norton W, Pacey A (2011) Crossing borders for fertility treatment: motivations, destinations and outcomes of UK fertility travellers. Human Reproduction, 26, (9), 2373-2381.
- Norton, W; Feehan, J. (2011) EllaOne: a new emergency contraceptive choice. Nurse Prescribing, 9, (1), 37-42.
- Hudson N, Culley L, Blyth E, Norton W, Rapport F, Pacey A (2011) Cross-border reproductive care: a review of the literature. Reproductive BioMedicine Online 22, 673– 685.
- Culley L, Hudson N, Blyth E, Norton W, Pacey A and Rapport F (2010) Travelling abroad for fertility treatment: an exploratory study of UK residents seeking cross-border care. Human Reproduction, 25, suppl. 1; 178.
- Woodward B and Norton WJ (2006) Lesbian intra-partner oocyte donation: a possible shake-up in the Garden of Eden? Human Fertility. 9(4): 217-222.
- Woodward B, Norton WJ and Neuberg RW (2004) Case report: grandma, mother and another: an intergenerational surrogacy of donated pre-embryos. Reproductive BioMedicine Online 9, (3): 260-263.
Conference Papers / Posters:
- Culley, L; Hudson, N; Norton, W; Law C. Religion, Infertility and Infertility Treatment. Second Annual Conference on Medicine and Religion in Chicago on May 28-30, 2013.
- Woodward BJ, Norton WJ , Almeida P & Gilling-Smith C (2011) Inconsistencies in the treatment of patients with blood-borne viruses: an audit of British IVF clinics, oral presentation at the 27th Annual Meeting of ESHRE, Stockholm, Sweden, 3rd July – 6th July, 2011.
- Hudson, N. Culley, L. Norton, W. ‘Online communities of hope. Bio-sociality and the negotiation of overseas fertility treatment’, paper presented to the British Sociological Association Human Reproduction Study Group Annual Conference. Milton Keynes, 15th June 2011.
- Woodward, B. Gilling-Smith, C. Almeida, P, Norton, W. Blood-borne Viruses: An audit of treating viral positive patients and perceived risks in UK fertility clinics. Oral presentation at Fertility 2011 Conference, Dublin, 4-6th January 2011
- Woodward, B. Gilling-Smith, C. Almeida, P, Norton, W. Inconsistency in Processing Gametes from Viral Positive Patients in the UK. Poster to be presented at the British Andrology Society Annual Meeting, Macclesfield, 9-10 November 2010
- Culley, L. Hudson, N. Blyth, E. Norton, W. Rapport, F. Pacey, A. Cross border reproductive care: The Research Evidence. Poster to be presented at the 13th Congress on Controversies in Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility (COGI), Berlin, November 2010.
- Culley, L. Hudson, N. Blyth, E. Norton, W. Pacey, A. Rapport, F. ‘Travelling abroad for fertility treatment: an exploratory study of UK residents seeking cross-border care’ oral presentation at the 26th Annual Meeting of ESHRE, Rome, Italy, 27 June – 30 June, 2010
- Culley, L. Hudson, N. Pacey, A. Rapport, F. Blyth, E. Norton, W. ‘Fertility Tourism? Discourses of Cross-border Reproductive Care’ oral presentation at the 10th Annual Interdisciplinary Research Conference “Transforming Healthcare through Research & Education”, Trinity College, University of Dublin, 4-6 November 2009.
- Norton ‘Ethical Issues in Reproductive Health & Infertility’, paper delivered at the International Nursing Conference on Reproductive Health & Infertility, 23rd – 26th September 2009, Las Vegas, Nevada, US.
- Norton, Feehan ‘”Double Dutch”: making sex safer with education and practice’, poster presentation at the Royal College of Nursing Sexual Health Conference, June 2006, London.